If you’re familiar with Disney at all, you will know that the World of Disney is a visit stop for park-goers. Whether or not you are stepping through the gates of a Disney Park, the World of Disney will have nearly everything you could dream of to make your visit a memorable one.
You will find the World of Disney in two locations.
At approximately 51,000 square feet, World of Disney in Orlando is the largest Disney store in the world. However, even at a far more modest resort size, Anaheim’s World of Disney is still around 40,000 square feet. Needless to say, any bit of shopping you want to get done can be done at one of these stores.
Some of the famous marquees of these mammoth shops are the exterior. Disney Springs features a larger than life Stitch that occasionally spits water out on unsuspecting guests. Alternatively, on the West Coast, you will find a huge cartoon-like telescope operated by Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Fittingly, the end of this telescope features a giant moving eye ball that follows guest around as they walk past. Keep walk past the front door (away from the parks) and you will find Tweedledee and Tweedledum adoring the top of the building. They are, of course, up to their classic shenanigans.
While you can pretty much find anything you want at the World of Disney, some of the main things you will find include:
- Disney Apparel and Disney Accessories
- Star Wars Merchandise
- Disney Baseball Caps
- Pixar Merchandise
- Disney-Inspired Candy and Food Items
- Marvel Merchandise
- Disney Character Merchandise
- Home Décor
- Disney Kitchenware and Disney Mugs
- Mickey Ears
- Disney Princess Collections
- Disney Plush and Toys
- Disney Parks Trading Pins
- And much, much more
What’s Hiding in the World of Disney
There are delightful gems all throughout the shops with animation cells on the wall, pixie dust animated at checkout, scenes from your favorite Disney films, and so much more.
If you are familiar with Disney merchandise, you will find that a lot of the merchandise you find throughout the parks can be found in nearly any Disney store you visit. If you see something in a park that you really want but are not able to lug around throughout the day or want to think about, chances are very high that you can find it at the World of Disney.
World of Disney Current Collections
With so much different merchandise in the World of Disney, you can get lost in everything there is to see.
50th Anniversary Celebration Merchandise
If you’re in Walt Disney World Resort, there is a plethora of 50th Anniversary Celebration merchandise. The World’s Most Magical Celebration is featured all throughout World of Disney and is a special collection that you will want to get your hands on before the event is concluded. Act quickly, because this merch won’t last long. Part of this collections includes the Castle Collection, Celebration Collection, and the EARidescent Collection. Pro-tip: a lot of this merch is also available online.
Disney Munchlings Collection
The Disney Munchlings Plush collection can be found all over Disney Parks. These scented plush characters are very popular and include several fun varsities.
- Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Bun Disney Munchlings Scented Plush
- Minnie Mouse Strawberry Cupcake Disney Munchlings Scented Plush
- Stitch Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Disney Munchlings Scented Plush
- Baymax Toasted S’more Disney Munchlings Scented Plush
- Winnie the Pooh Honey Cake Disney Munchlings Scented Plush
For $16.99, you can get Disney Munchlings Mystery Scented Plush – Frozen Treats. Their villains pack is quite adorable and fun.
Vans x Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Collection
Part of the 50th Anniversary celebration, Vans has partnered with Disney World to offer retro apparel and accessories. Part of the collection includes
- Vans Mickey and Minnie Pullover Hoodie – $69.99
- Vans Mickey and Minnie T-Shirt – $36.99
- Vans Attractions T-Shirt — $36.99
- Walt Disney World Vans Snapback Hat — $34.99
- Walt Disney World Vans Youth T-Shirts – $36.99
- Vans Walt Disney World Bucket Hat — $39.99
- And More
Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction Collection
For a few years now, the Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction Collection has been a huge hit. In 2020, we had Minnie Mouse featuring a lot of the beloved Disney attractions, but in 2022 we got Mickey. If you want to get your hands on some of these items, you might have to dive into eBay, but the collection release and details are as follows:
- Series 1 — Space Mountain (April 14th, 2022)
- Series 2 — Pirates of the Caribbean (May 6th, 2022)
- Series 3 — Mad Tea Party (May 20th, 2022)
- Series 4 — “it’s a small world” (June 17th, 2022)
- Series 5 — The Enchanted Tiki Room (July 1st, 2022)
- Series 6 — Peter Pan’s Flight (July 18th, 2022)
- Series 7 — Prince Charming Regal Carrousel (August 12th, 2022)
- Series 8 — Dumbo the Flying Elephant (August 26th, 2022)
- Series 9 — Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (October 7th, 2022)
- Series 10 — Haunted Mansion
- Series 11 — Jungle Cruise
- Series 12 — Castle
Each series features a different Disney Parks attraction and includes a plush, ear headband, Loungefly backpack, collectible trading pin, and key.
What do you love about the World of Disney? Share with us in the comments.